I love this industry. To paraphrase Uncle Billy from Frank Capra’s It’s A Wonderful Life: “We told a few people you were in trouble and they scattered all over town collecting money. They didn’t ask any questions — just said: ‘… count on me.’ ” The outpouring of support for Lance and Carla is seemingly endless and deeply appreciated by everyone involved.
This morning, Stephanie let me know she had set up a string of new auctions. This particular batch of auctions end on Sunday. There is a bevy of great material to bid on, including:
– Original Art from Absolute Sandman Volume 2 by Colleen Doran (donated by the artist)
– LOT of 7 Will Eisner Books (donated by John DiBello and Bully): Will Eisner’s New York (hardcover collection); The Contract With God Trilogy (hardcover collection); Life, In Pictures (hardcover collection); The Plot (hardcover); Comics & Sequential Art (paperback); Expressive Anatomy (paperback); and Graphic Storytelling (paperback)
– LOT of 15 Will Eisner Books (donated by by John DiBello and Bully): A Contract With God; A Life Force; City People Notebook; Comics & Sequential Art; Dropsie Avenue; Expressive Anatomy; Graphic Storytelling; Invisible People; Name Of The Game; New York: The Big City; The Plot; The Building; The Dreamer; To The Heart Of The Storm; and The Will Eisner Reader
– Lot of 8 TOP SHELF Graphic Novels (donated by Top Shelf): Too Cool To Be Forgotten hardcover by Alex Robinson; The Surrogates trade paperback by Robert Venditti and Brett Weldele; Veeps: Profiles in Insignificance hardcover by Bill Kelter and Wayne Shellabarger (this is a nonfiction book; the rest are graphic novels); Korgi Book 2 by Christian Slade hardcover; Essex County Vol. 3: The Country Nurse by Jeff Lemire softcover; Yam Bite-Sized Chunks by Corey Barba softcover; Johnny Boo by James Kochalka hardcover; and Swallow Me Whole by Nate Powell hardcover
– Original art from The Collected And Then One Day (donated by the artist, Ryan Claytor)